Organic Body Wraps
Moor Mud Body Wrap
This is a therapeutic quality grade of moor peat- an organic substance that is the product of natural decomposition of multitudes of plants, herbs, flowers, grasses, and mosses. Moor Mud is of organic origin. Over thousands of years this residue has been transformed into a thick paste containing bio minerals, trace elements, vitamins, amino acids, plant hormones, and fatty acids. These molecules are easy for the body to absorb. They will stimulate blood flow, draw toxins, draw heavy metals, provide nutrients and provide deep consistent heating. Stimulating the blood flow to an area is necessary when a person is complaining of muscle stiffness, fatigue, weakened immune system, chronic pain, muscle spasms, cold extremities, chronic injury, poor healing, and post workout soreness. Moor Mud's actions arehias thermo-physical, biochemical, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and natural antibiotics. Because peat has chelatic properties (it binds heavy metal isotopes) it is a very strong natural detoxifier.
During this session your skin will be exfoliated with a soft bristled brush and the mud will be applied. You will soak for 30 minutes and then rinse off in a shower before a handcrafted organic lotion is applied.
This treatment will take 95 minutes and is $90
All Natural and Organic Clay based Body Wraps
Body wraps can aid in healing of skin problems, tone and tighten the skin, improve circulation, alleviate muscle and joint pain, treat acne, detoxify the body and help mobilize fat so it can be eliminated from the body naturally. The effect of the wrap is determined by the ingredients that you chose to use. Here at Inner Health Spa, the wraps are made specifically for your skin type and needs. During the session your skin will be exfoliated, the wrap will be applied, and then you will relax cocooned in a warming wrap and blankets. Once the wrap has set for 20 minutes, you will shower off and then a hand crafted organic lotion will be applied to your skin.
The wrap will last 95 minutes and is $97.
Pick one ingredient from the 5 categories and there are some ad ons to choose from if you wish. We will prepare this wrap just for you.
1. The clay The clay is the foundation of the wrap. The clay draws oils and toxins from the skin, while gently exfoliating. The clay feeds the skin with many types of minerals and plant nutrients.
French Green Clay is highly efficient at drawing oils and toxins from the skin. This clay is rich in minerals and plant nutrients. It is not suitable for dry or sensitive skin.
Moroccan Rhassoul Clay is ancient clay that comes from deep below the Atlas Mountains in Morocco. This clay is rich in many minerals. It helps detoxify the skin while it exfoliates gently. It is not suitable for dry or sensitive skin.
White Kaolin Clay- also known as China or White Clay, is the mildest of all clays. It helps stimulate circulation to the skin while gently exfoliating and cleansing it. White Kaolin Clay does not draw oils from the skin and can be used on dry or sensitive skin types.
Sea clay Sea Clay is grayish green color and has a high content of minerals. It helps to draw oils while mineralizing the skin but gently enough that this clay is suitable for all skin types.
2. The Salt – The salt is the exfoliating ingredient in the wrap mixture and has many health benefits. The salt contains trace elements and minerals, help draw out toxins, deep cleanses the skin, help regulate the moisture level of the skin, help increase circulation, helps promote healing, help to relieve aches and pains, reduce stiffness after exertion, relax the muscles and relieve skin problems such as acne, eczema and psoriasis.
Himalayan salt - This pink colored salt has a content of 84 trace elements and iron. This salt helps draw out toxins, deep cleanses the skin, and helps cleanse the body energetically.
Dead Sea salt Dead Sea Salts are mineral-rich which helps regulate the moisture level of the skin, helps increase circulation, helps remove trap fluids in the skin, helps promote healing, and has a smoothing and relaxing effect. Dead Sea Salt exfoliates and revitalizes the skin and helps draw out toxins. Dead Sea Salt is well known for its ability to relieve aches and pains, reduce stiffness after exertion, relax the muscles and relieve skin problems such as acne, eczema and psoriasis.
Epsom Salt - also known as magnesium sulfate, is known for its ability to ease pain and muscular tension, helps to reduce swelling, relax the nervous system and eliminate toxins from the body.
Black Hawaiian - The salts coloring is from activated coconut shell charcoal which is infused with the salt for its numerous health benefits: high in essential minerals, detoxes the skin, helps to relieve dry and ichy skin, opens up the pores, hydrates the tissues, increases blood fow, and imparts shine.
3. The Oil- The oil will add rich essential fatty acids and help to maintain the integrity of the skin tissue while restructuring and moisturizing the skin.
Sesame oil - is rich in essential fatty acids and helps to maintain the integrity of skin tissue while restructuring and moisturizing the skin. This oil made from the sesame seed plant contains proteins, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. It nurtures and soothes providing a protective shield that helps the skin regenerate and become more resistant. In addition, it stimulates blood circulation, warms and cleanses (detoxifying through the skin), protects against premature skin aging.
Olive oil - is a good skin cell regenerator. Olive Oil attracts external moisture to the skin and still permits the skin to properly release sweat, shed dead skin and release the skins nature oil.
Coconut oil - contains vitamins and has a cooling, soothing and stabilizing effect. This is great oil for general moisturizing and serves as a protective layer, helping to retain the moisture in your skin. Coconut Oil is great for dry, itchy, sensitive skin. It will not clog pores, and it absorbs readily into the skin.
4. The Herb
Alfalfa is used to relieve fatigue, muscle tenderness, and the pain and inflammation of rheumatism and arthritis.Alfalfa herb has been called the “king of plants” since it is extremely rich in vitamins and minerals. It has 8 essential amino acids and the highest chlorophyll content of any plant. Alfalfa is used as a base in many combinations and vitamin formulas because it permits rapid assimilation of plant elements. Not to be used if you have an autoimmune disease.
Gotu Kola is rejuvenating and nurturing the skin and its underlying connective tissues. It has been used to treat eczema, skin ulcers, burns, wounds, bruises, inflammation. It can help speed up collagen formation.
Green Tea is promoted in skin care for its powerful antioxidant properties that help rejuvenate the skin, reduces sun damage, promote elasticity, stops free radicals in the skin, and reduces inflammation.
Ginseng can reduce inflammation, stimulate cell growth, extend cellular life span, heal minor skin damage and has antimicrobial properties.
Comfrey Root - Helps to repair damaged tissue and is an anti-inflammatory. This herb helps heal bruises, sprains, acne and relieves psoriasis.
Witch Hazel Leaf- Helps tighten the proteins of the skin and is an anti-inflammatory. This herb will help treat eczema, broken blood vessels, and varicose veins.
5.The Wetting Agent- This is the last step in making your wrap. The wetting agent moistens the mixture.
Coconut Water - is rich in antioxidants, nutrients that help remove free radicals caused by outside stressors that may damage your skin, such as sun and pollution. Free radicals can also come from stressors within your body. One of the most common one is emotional stress, which also causes reduced blood flow to your skin, contributing to the aging process.
Apple cider Vinegar – helps to maintain healthy skin by restoring the ph level. It cleanses the skin, helps to heal bruise, soothes itchy skin, eases pains, and helps dissolve excess fatty deposits near the skin.
Aloe Vera Gel - natural aloe vera gel contains acemannan, which activates the immune system, protects cell membranes it contains anti-bacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties. Aloe Vera gel also contains vitamins, minerals, trace elements like potassium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, amino acids and flavonoids. Aloe Vera gel soothes and nurtures, moisturizes, is pleasantly cooling and has wound healing characteristics.
1. Sea plants - Sea vegetables detoxify the body while they add vital nutrients to the body through the skin. They reduce cellulite and improve circulation. You can add ground powder to a face or body mask will help to clear skin issues. The polysaccharides in seaweed, whether used externally or internally, also help to nourish, tighten and provide smooth supple skin. Choose one or a combination of vegetables to add to your wrap for $8.
Bladderwrack – This seaweed nourishes the skin and gently detoxification of the body. It is used for arthritis, joint pain, boosting the immune system, burns, aging skin, and insect bites.
Kelp - Sea kelp is a natural source of vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E, as well as minerals including zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and calcium. In fact it contains the highest natural concentration of calcium of any food - 10 times more than milk. Kelp can help regulate the body's energy production, promote growth and development, help burn excess fat, and removed free radicals
Dulse is scientifically acknowledged as an antioxidant, excellent plant protein source, essential enzymes, alpa- carotene, beta- carotene, B vitamins, C and E, iodine, iron, calcium, potassium, zinc, and magnesium.
2. Essential Oil - Add a pure, therapeutic grade oil to your wrap. Pick from a wide variety of aromas. $5
3. Local Honey Honey contains approximately 200 different ingredients like fructose, glucose, water, pollen, minerals, proteins, enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, trace elements, colorings and flavorings and essential oils. Honey extract has antibacterial properties, is anti-inflammatory and stimulates tissue growth making the skin softer, smooth and balances out the complexion. Honey is suitable for every skin type. It moisturizes and nourishes the skin, making it silky smooth and refreshed. $5.00
4. Oatmeal powder- The use of oats in skincare has been documented as far back as 2000 BC, is full of vitamins, minerals and lipids that add moisture to benefit the condition of one's skin. Oatmeal contains both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and as such is ideal for sensitive skin and to treat a variety of skin disorders. (See the webpage for more information on oatmeal and the skin.) $5.00
5. Paraffin Wrap for your hands and feet - Your hands and feet will have never felt so soft. $30